at the start of april…

by grace on May 4, 2020

these two ducks were enjoying the bird seed scattered on the ground in back of the house.

Riley had no interest in them at all.

Kevin bought this remote for the upstairs TV. we probably won’t lose it. it’s funny, we’ve only ever had one TV, but he hooked up a small monitor that works as a TV.

Sometimes Kevin will watch something on it when hanging out with Lovey, but mostly it’s tuned to the bird show, which she loves to watch.

Here’s me, about to bravely venture into the grocery store at the beginning of April. I sure haven’t been out of the house much.

Lovey was watching from her window.

Kevin and I have been kayaking a few times already, and on this morning we paddled into Long Bay. This turtle was sunning itself on a rock.

A very very short video of the turtle.

Moon over the water.

the next morning, Wednesday April 8th, we made our first attempt at taking Lovey to the vet to be tested and given shots. We had to drop her off and wait in the car, and they said it’d take about a half hour.

But after only about 10 minutes a vet tech came outside shaking her head. Uh oh. It didn’t go well. Lovely bit the tech through her lead-lined gloves, and they couldn’t get her to cooperate in any way.

They gave us some gabapentin which would hopefully calm her enough for our next try and we made an appointment for the following week.

in the meantime, we had to take Riley in for his annual checkup and shots, and the vet had no problems with him. but when she called to report on Riley she asked “is he a grumpy cat?” I told her that Riley is the most gentle and mellow of cats, but clearly being at the vet without his humans was distressing to the poor fella.

Right now Riley is lying on his kitty tower in front of the window giving himself a bath. all the vet-trauma left his brain a long time ago.

the next week Kevin tried sprinkling a bit of the gabapentin onto Lovey’s food to see if she’d eat it. He was successful, so on Thursday April 16th he managed to get the contents of one and a half pills into her food and she ate it and then he didn’t have a problem getting her into her cage.

we were still apprehensive about her being compliant at the vet, but she did a great job. She doesn’t have any illnesses, she’s about two years old and weighs 9 pounds. We were so relieved at all this news!

She still lives in the upstairs guest bedroom but yesterday morning kevin closed off the other parts of the house where other kitties were and Lovey bravely walked downstairs. she didn’t stay down here for more than a few minutes, but she’s getting more brave. I’m still not her favorite person which means i need to spend more time upstairs with her.

She’s so cute…

Ok then,

Mrs. monday morning, oh no, it’s actually already afternoon, hughes.

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: