I hated leaving Seagrove Beach.  but it was a great bit of time, and hopefully we’ll either go there or maybe somewhere nearby next year.  we had to vacate the premises at 10 on Friday morning, Feb. 24th, and we had time for one more walk on the beach.

as we headed back I noticed this guy setting up a lot of stuff for his family.  it took a while, but he achieved a pretty substantial spot.  I hope they spent the day there.

we thought we had plenty of time to get everything into the van, but there was lots and lots of stuff.  the cleaning people all showed up at the door and we hurried to stuff the remaining things into the van, and off we went.

the drive down had seemed way too long, but as we left Florida we started listening to an audio book that i’d checked out of the library.  it was a P.G. Wodehouse story; I have read his books for years and years – he’s a clever and funny author, and the guy reading it did a great job.  it made the time pass so quickly.

our destination for the night was just south of Nashville and about an hour before we arrived we hit some heavy rain and I was driving and it wasn’t fun.  but we made it safe and sound, and I wanted to find some good food that was within walking distance of our hotel.  I don’t trust the reviews on yelp so much, but there was a sushi place only 3/10 of a mile, and we headed out.  for some reason the directions on my phone weren’t good and we ended up at a retirement home, and the phone announced that we’d reached our destination.  we walked through the parking lot in back of a strip mall and found the place, called Zushimaki.

it was an unprepossessing hole in the wall, but I had the best sushi i’d ever had.  mmm, i’d drive back there today, but it would take a while.  I might have had better sushi when I lived in LA but that was such a long time ago that I can’t remember.  I got crab Rangoon to start out with, plus sake.  delicious.

the rest of the drive home was uneventful, and on our return les had found a mouse.  bev, who was cat-sitting for us, had taken pictures of les lying in front of the fridge and then the garbage can in the kitchen, but the mouse had moved on at this point.

les didn’t find him that night.  the next day I heard a noise and realized it was coming from the pantry.  I started moving some of the huge amount of stuff stored there, and after i’d cleared away a good deal of things on the floor and took out a small George foreman grill (why is it in there??? when is the last time we used it??? I must clean out that dang pantry!!!), les suddenly lunged in and pulled out a mouse.

whew.  luckily kevin was home and managed to successfully wrest it from lester’s grip and carry it outside to safety.

a good time was had by all.

it’s a chilly Friday april morning today, with more snow expected on sunday.  will spring never come?  hard to say at this point.

ok then,